At Bluefish, we prioritize the health of your family and ours. As we track the developments of the COVID-19 “Coronavirus” outbreak in the US, we will be following standard protocol that suggests reducing interpersonal contact to minimize the virus’ transmission. We will be operating in solidarity with healthcare providers so as not to overwhelm our healthcare system or put more vulnerable populations at risk.
Our policies and procedures have not changed due to the “Coronavirus.” We have always used CDC and OSHA-mandated cleaning and disinfection protocols for all surfaces in our treatment area. We would like to take a few extra precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and our team members until the peak season of this virus has passed. We ask for your cooperation in the following ways:
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, we ask that you check in with your primary care provider.
We will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date. This will help reduce the risk of spreading illness.
- Have you or anyone you’re in close contact with traveled internationally or domestically in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with, or is concerned they may have, COVID-19?
- Do you or anyone you’re in close contact with have a cough, fever or shortness of breath?
You may notice a few changes in the office as we head into the week.
- We will be asking that everyone who comes into the clinic uses hand sanitizer upon entry. As of next week, we will be taking the temperature of everyone who enters.
- While it may go unnoticed in the schedule, additional time will be added to each appointment for supplemental cleaning of both treatment and reception areas.
- We will be adjusting our reception and treatment areas to ensure social distancing is present between patients.
- We are requesting that siblings, friends, etc. do not accompany patients into the office. If you’re in a childcare bind, we’d be glad to care for your child unaccompanied while you remain in the parking lot.
- Our patient sign-in tablets, countertops, pens, doors, restrooms, etc. will be disinfected after each use, and we will be removing all physical objects that could contribute to exposure.
- Our toothbrush stations will be closed until further notice.
Thank you so much for your understanding and effort in partnering with us to protect our parents, grandparents, and the most vulnerable members of our community.
With love and gratitude,
Dr. Cate (and Birdie!)